Chicago is a large city of about 3-4 million people. The nightlife is exciting and active, and Mayor Richard M. Daley is known for promoting environmental initiatives in the city.
Parks and recreation Edit
- Oak Street Beach — a little chilly by September/October, though.
- Millenium Park — home of The Bean
- State Street
- Michigan Avenue — this and State Street are the place to shop.
- Museum campus — including the Shedd Aquarium, Field Museum, and the Adler Planetarium
- Chicago architecture tours on the Chicago River
Bar scene Edit
- The Crowbar is one of the many places to be on the north side.
- The Green Mill Jazz Club (preferrably on a Tuesday night to see Deep Blue)
- The Metro, Chicago's famous independent music venue, 25 years old in 2007.
- Delilah's voted best Whiskey Bar by Maxim mag... but it's really a great place if you like alcohol.
Other points of interest Edit
- The roof of City Hall — a green roof and one that doesn't generally allow visitors, though they may make an exception.
- Chicagoland Bicycle Federation — large contingent of bicyclists who host Bike the Drive around Memorial Day and the L.A.T.E. ride across the city after midnight.
- An iGo office.
Suburban spots Edit
- The Leaning Tower of Niles in north-suburban Niles
- The Riverwalk in west-suburban Naperville
- The Chicago Botanical Garden north, somewhere by Lake Forest