A beautiful urban landscape filled with parks, lakes and waterways.
- Twin Cities Marathon Sunday, October 1, 2006. Not sure if you'll be here by then but it's a great race to be a spectator.
- Intermedia Arts Immigrant Status: Contributions. September 28, 2006 - January 6, 2007 Opening Night Reception: September 28, 2006, 6:30 PM. Minneapolis and Saint Paul are experiencing an influx of immigrants. Intermedia Arts has done much to showcase their artwork.
- 400 Bar
- CC Club
- First Avenue
- Triple Rock
A list of people you've got to meet while in the Twin Cities
- Keith Ellison. He's the endorsed Democrat running for the fifth congressional district in Minnesota. He's a strong progressive voice calling for immediate withdrawal of U.S. Troops from Iraq.
- Wally the Beerman 
- Viva and Jerry can be seen on Wednesdays at 9:00 p.m. on MTN Channel 17.
- Miss Richfield
- Fancy Ray
- Steve "Chopper" Sedahl and Rich Kronfeld from Let's Bowl
Points of Interests Edit
- The Mall of America
- The Walker scupture garden (with the Spoonbridge and Cherry)
- The Science Museum of Minnesota, overlooking the Mississippi
- The Chain of Lakes
- The World's Largest Marshmallow, aka The Metrodome
- The Minnesota Children's Museum, considered one of the best Children's Museums anywhere. The Museum's exhibits department is currently developing an exhibit based on Curious George which will tour nationally beginning in 2007. I could probably arrange a behind-the-scenes tour.
- Fall Colors You'll be here right around the peak of fall color, and one of the best places to leaf-peep is Taylor's Falls, about 45 minutes north of Minneapolis. Taylor's Falls is a little town at a spectacular waterfall on the scenic St. Croix River, and this time of year it becomes like Walt Disney's idea of what autumn should be.
Road Less Travelled Edit
- KFAI, a truly independant radio station in Minneapolis' West Bank has been around since the 70's. It's a different radio station every hour.
- Downtown St. Paul is heated with firewood! The St. Paul District Energy Plant burns waste wood (mostly from trees cut down in St. Paul) and generates 25 megawatts of electricity plus heat to heat many of the buildings downtown. All from 100% renewable sources with zero net CO2 contribution.
- Mercado Central Authentic Latin American Marketplace
- In the Heart of the Beast Puppet and Mask Theatre
- The world's busiest airplane factory is located in Duluth, about two hours north of Minneapolis. Cirrus Design builds more airplanes each year than any other company, though these are four-seat personal airplanes not widebody jetliners. Cirrus airplanes are unique in that each plane has a built-in rocket-deployed parachute which lets the whole airplane descend gently to the ground in case of emergency.